1. you must be 13 years or older or have permission from a parent or legal guardian to use this site.
3. you must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate, or intimidate other Baobab: Proverbs of Africa users or administrators.
4. you may not use our services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. users agree to comply with all local and international laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
5. you alone are responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links (“content“) that you submit, post, and/or display on aftown.com
6. you must not modify, adapt, or hack Baobab: Proverbs of Africa or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Baobab: Proverbs of Africa.
7. you must not create or submit any unwanted email or conversations (spam) to any of Baobab: Proverbs of Africa’s members
8. you must not transmit any worms, viruses, or any code of a destructive nature through aftown’s platform.
9. you must not violate any laws in your jurisdiction via the use of the aftown.com services.
violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your aftown.com account. while aftown prohibits such conduct and content on our site, you understand and agree aftown.com is a venue and that the staff and administration are not responsible for the content posted on our site. know that you use aftown.com services to your own advantage or disadvantage.
aftown reserves the right to alter the terms and conditions at any time.
aftown reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
you may delete your account at any time. know that in doing so, you will delete all music listings with no refund.
neither aftown.com or aftown are retailers. we act as a platform to allow an individual who complies with our policies to offer, sell, and buy african music that comply with our policies. aftown is not involved in the actual transaction between musicians and their fan base. we have no control over the quality, safety, or the legality of music/songs advertised; the truth or accuracy of the listings; the ability of musicians to sell their music/songs or the ability of fans to pay for music.
all rights reserved.
prohibited, questionable and pirated music
“your activities” include, for example, listing music/songs, buying or streaming music/songs, under listings and in any public message area and/or email.
restricted activities: your activities which results in your information (or music listed) on aftown.com shall not:
1. be false, inaccurate or misleading;
2. be fraudulent or involve the sale of illegal, counterfeit, stolen items, or items and services which violate the aftown.com code of conduct;
3. infringe upon any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
4. violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising);
5. be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
6. be obscene or contain child pornography, or otherwise shall be subject to the mature content rules as outlined in the aftown®.com code of conduct;
7. contain any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, easter eggs, or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information;
8. create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our isps or other suppliers; and
9. link directly or indirectly to or include descriptions of goods or services that:
• are identical to other items you have for sale but are priced lower;
• are concurrently listed for sale on a website other than aftown.com (this does not prevent linking to or advertising an aftown.com item from another web site; or
• you do not have a right to link to or include.
export: you acknowledge that your feedback consists of comments left by other users and a composite feedback number compiled by aftown. further, you acknowledge that the composite number, without the feedback comments, does not convey your full user reputation. because feedback ratings are not designed for any purpose other than for facilitating transactions between aftown.com users, you agree that you shall not market or export your aftown.com feedback rating in any venue other than an aftown® operated website.
import: aftown.com does not provide you with the technical ability to import feedback from other websites to aftown.com because a composite number, without any corresponding feedback does not reflect your true online reputation within our community.
2. aftown.com is unable to verify or authenticate any of your information especially paypal email or user email; or
3. aftown believes that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, aftown.com users or aftown as an entity.
this license extends to the reasonable lifetime of any promotional tool. aftown.com does not seek to engage in resale or to deprive the artist of income from potential licensing agreements with third parties. in order to facilitate this please send any requests for specific action along with proof of copyright ownership to our legal agent
resolution of disputes
disputes between you and aftown regarding aftown’s services may be reported to our customer support team at email@example.com.
our administration reserves the right to change this agreement at any time.